Charit Creek Lodge is a rustic wilderness lodge located in a valley in the heart of Big South Fork. The lodge offers a unique way to experience the beauty and serenity of the park. It is accessible by hiking, biking or horseback only. Choose the shortest path of 1.1 miles or spend the day exploring the trails of Big South Fork. (Trail Maps)
The lodge's buildings are on the National Historic Register and are the oldest buildings being utilized in the National Park System. The lodge is a wonderful place to escape the modern world. While reasonably accessible, it is both peacefully isolated and remote. There are three types of accommodations available, full service, limited service and horse stabling.
The lodge is completely off the grid! Each cabin is equipped with lanterns and a wood burning stove. Comfortable beds and linens are provided. Modern restroom and shower facilities are available for all guests. All cabins are private!
- Check In 3 p.m. - Checkout 11 a.m.
- Dinner is served family style at 6 p.m. (ET) - Breakfast is served family style at 8 a.m. (ET)
- Please be punctual for serving time! You may NOT schedule a personal meal time. Kitchen closes 1 hour after serving time. Schedule your needed travel & hike time accordingly (minimum of 30 minutes hiking from CCL parking).
- Quiet Time is 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. (ET)
- Charit Creek Lodge operates on EASTERN TIME.
For more information regarding accommodations visit the Rates Page.